Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Late Night

I should get a gold medal for all the late nights at work this week. I had another last night because of Olympic coverage of men's gym-spastics went long. Because of that, I didn't head home from work until about 1:30 am. It's starting to take its toll a bit. I don't mind staying late for work every once in awhile, but when it's night after night after night, it gets pretty old. Because I didn't hit the hay until about 2 am I thought I might have a repeat occurence of having a hard time getting my butt out of bed like yesterday. I really didn't though. My body woke me up around 8 am and although my first few steps were a little bleary eyed and groggy, I actually was cognizant of my surroundings fairly quickly. Having that morning bowl of cereal usually helps. Within a half hour after eating I was out on the road and was glad that my body had woken me up when it did. It really turned out to be a beautiful morning to run. It was partly cloudy and cool with a nice breeze. I didn't know if my legs would have a lot of pep in them being that it was the third day in a row of running, but the cool air must have invigorated them because they had some good life in them. I did an 11 mile workout around the lake and was very pleased with my 7:25 pace average. The run this morning also provided a little levity. With about three miles left in the run, I came upon Olbrich Park where I noticed a Madison Police Officer was sitting on a lawn-type chair on the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street, pointing her radar gun at passing motorists. As I ran by her I said, "Let me know if I'm over the speed limit." She just smiled and chuckled... and then arrested me for being a public nuisance (a.k.a. being a smart ass). Just kidding. You gotta have a little fun once in awhile when your run... especially when you're running on lack of sleep because of the Olympics;)

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:22:21 > 7:25 pace

Miles this week: 28.3

No comments: