Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Off With the Sheets and Hitting the Streets

Since I've been back from vacation I've had a lot of late nights. With the Olympics being televised on the tv station that I work for, the late night coverage of all the events causes our 10pm news to actually go on at anywhere from 11pm to midnight and makes me get home from work a lot later. It's kind of a catch 22... It's great being able to watch all the tremendous athletes competing in their specialties, but I also wish I could be home and in my bed when I'm accustomed to. Oh well... at least I'm getting a little overtime. Because of the late nights, though, it's been hard to get myself out of bed and force myself to get in a run. Today was no different. I really didn't want to leave the comfort of my bed to get in a piddilly five mile run, but after gradually waking up I was finally able to muster up enough energy to pry off the sheets and hit the streets. It was a fairly comfortable morning to run and after a creaky opening mile I was finally able to get into a comfortable rhythm and bang out some good splits, including a 6:38 finishing mile. It turned out to be a nice little workout and I was happy that I got it in, but... it still would have been nice to sleep in a little longer. Maybe tomorrow... I'm not holding my breath, though.

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 37:50 > 7:25 pace

Miles this week: 17.2

No comments: