Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hallelujah!! Dogsitting is Done

Tonight, I get to sleep in my own bed and don't have to worry about the bladder issues of a certain dog. Hallelujah! Yes, today marked the end of my tenure as Ziggy's keeper... for the moment anyway. In nine days I'll be back to look after the impish pooch. I bet you can tell I'll be counting the minutes. In the meantime, nine days will allow me to take a nice sabbatical away from the dog. It should give me just enough time to check myself into a mental health facility and straighten myself out after 10 days of potty patrol with "Zagnuts." I'm just kidding... I'm just deliriously tired from getting fractured sleep time thanks to you know who. Enough of my diatribe...

Since it was my last day on the westside, I decided get in one last 10 mile run of the Camp Randall loop. The weather conditions really changed quite dramatically overnight. Yesterday was pretty hot and humid (which made me glad I took the day off) and this morning it was like fall had arrived overnight. It was pretty overcast, very cool and fairly breezy... just how I like it. Despite the nice weather conditions, I didn't exactly feel the greatest today. My left knee was a little achy and stiff starting out, and although it eventually limbered up, I just didn't feel like my normal running self today. I actually felt somewhat sluggish during the first half of the run. The second half was a little better and I was able to run some splits that I'm accustomed to. Overall though, it was kind of stiff run... not as fluid as the last few have been. Still, it was a good workout and I was happy that I was able to average 7:40 pace despite not feeling up to par. Every run can't be a good one, though. That's what makes running a challenge.

Today's workout: 10.1 miles > 1:17:25 > 7:40 pace

Miles this week: 20.2

No comments: