Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Humid Day in Fall?

When I woke up this morning I was worried I might have some problems getting in my long run because of the forecasted rain. It turned out that wasn't the problem. By the time I stepped out the door and was ready to run my first steps, the rain had subsided leaving nothing but wet pavement, and surprisingly, a touch of humidity. Who would have thunk it? Not me. Not in late September. Even though it was a touch muggier than I've been getting used to, it still wasn't bad. It was fairly comfortable out, what with the overcast skies and a bit of a breeze. Much cooler days are coming, I know it, so I can deal with a little warmer weather here and there. I don't want to get too spoiled. Anyways, the warmer temps weren't to much of a deterrent this morning... I was still able to get in a good 11 miler around Lake Monona. I started out with a fairly conservative pace, but as the run progressed, I just kept getting gradually faster and faster, finally leveling off at a solid 7:30 pace. It was a good confidence booster run, especially since I had done a hard 20 miler just a few days ago. I am planning on running tomorrow, but nothing fast or long... just easy all the way around. I want to allow my legs to re-coop and get rejuvinated for Saturday's half marathon in La Crosse. I have to say I'm really looking forward to getting back in the saddle again, putting on my orange racing shoes, and seeing what my legs can do.

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:23:23 > 7:31 pace

Miles this week: 16.2

No comments: