Friday, September 12, 2008

Ziggy: Part II

Well, I'm back at it again. After nine days of convelescing from Ziggy the dog, I'm back over on the westside looking after the graying gremlin. Hopefully this shorter five day stint will be a little better, and I am able to get some decent sleep instead of getting up at all hours of the night so he can water the lawn. I'm not holding my breath, though. Before leaving Monona to head to the westside, I was able to get in one last run around the lake yesterday and it was a good one. I wasn't sure if I were going to be able to get in any run at all because when I peeked out the window to check the weather, the skies were looking somewhat ominous and there was already a light rain falling. I thought I'd give it a shot though, because I really didn't want to get up early and run today with having to work at Movin' Shoes for four hours, then the tv station, and also having to check in on Ziggy. Suffice it say, I wanted to get the run in yesterday, no matter what the weather. Once I got outside it actually was very comfortable running weather. The clouds were definitely gray and there was a light rain falling on and off, but it was actually very refreshing and invigorating. The temp was also just the way I like it... nice and cool. Like Tuesday's Elysium Run, this one also started off great and kept getting better as the run went on. I again felt very fluid and strong... like I could keep on going like the Energizer Bunny. Although the pace was just a tad slower than Tuesdays workout, it was still a very solid 7:24 pace for the 11 miles. I don't know about you, but I'll take that any day of the week.

Thursday's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:22:20 > 7:24 pace

Miles this week: 27.3

No comments: