Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brisk Day, Brisk Run

After taking a day off yesterday, I was back out on the road today to get in a little run with a little speedwork sprinkled in. Since I am planning on doing the UW Fall 15K on Sunday morning, I wanted to get my legs used to turning over at a quicker pace. It was a typical Fall morning with cool temps and fairly breezy. I just started off by running a couple of miles easy and then threw in some 30 second to one minute pickups where I run at my normal 10k race pace, followed by a couple minutes of easy running. It's a nice little workout. I did something similar prior to running Whistlestop a couple weeks ago. It really gets your heart pumpin' a bit and gets your legs used to that quicker pace you will be doing in a race. I did a total of about six pickups sandwiched in the middle of a nice five mile run and I felt pretty good doing them, too. Despite racing fairly soon after doing a marathon (two weeks), I feel like my legs should hold up pretty good. This most likely will be my last road race of the year so I want to make it a good one. We'll see...

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 37:42 > 7:24 pace

Miles this week: 16.2

No comments: