Friday, October 3, 2008

Overdressed a Bit

After yesterday's successful run, I wanted to head out this morning early to get in a litte run to see how my right calf would respond to running in consecutive days. It felt good yesterday so I thought two days in a row might be a good litmus test to see where it's at and how it feels. The morning was a brisk one... really brisk. Brisk enough for me to wear long running pants and a running jacket. It was probably a little overkill because once I got going and my heart started pumping, I got a little warm and decided I should have just worn shorts and a couple shirts. Live and learn. I always do that a couple times a year... feel the sharp chill in the air, get a little too bundled up, and then bake as if you were running in a parka in the Bahamas. It's that overdressing syndrome. It's not the most enjoyable. Despite that, it was a pretty enjoyable run. Although I didn't run that fast, it was a beautiful morning out to breath in some crisp, fall air and get in an easy five mile run. The best part though, was that my right calf didn't cause me any discomfort, so it seems as though it's on the mend. Even though I really don't want to take a third day off this week tomorrow, I most likely will. I'm planning on doing my last big long run before the marathon on Sunday morning, and thought I'd give myself Saturday off just to rest up a bit. Of course, I say that know... I may change my mind a couple hundred times before morning comes. Nothing like being decisive;)

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 41:08 > 8:04 pace

Miles this week: 21.3

No comments: