Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Brisk Run Around the Lake

After taking a nice day off from running yesterday after my 15k on Sunday, I was back out on the road this morning. I was really deliberating whether I wanted to do just a quick run or get in a quality run around the lake. After sticking my head out the door to get a gauge on the weather conditions I decided it was just to nice a Fall day not to run longer. Winter will be coming soon and you have to take advantage of the nice days while they are still here. It was a bit chilly this morning so I opted not to wear shorts and instead went with the longer running pants. I might have been a little overdressed but it didn't affect me too much because the wind coming out of the north kept me comfortably cool. My legs felt surprisingly good this morning despite having raced just a couple days ago. I thought they might be a little shot but they felt pretty strong. Despite feeling good, I'm still going to err on the side of caution and continue to run every other day for awhile longer. As I said yesterday, there are no races on the horizon and it's nice to be able to give my legs a little extra rest by treating them to a few bonus days off here and there... after all, they've earned it. I'll be back at it on Thursday, though.

Today's workout: 11.2 miles > 1:25:16 > 7:37 pace

Miles this week: 11.2

No comments: