Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Spring-like Day!

Today was the day that many of us Wisconsinites were looking forward to... getting back to some normal and milder temperatures. This past winter was definitely a lot less harsh than the previous winter, but still, it's always nice to look forward to the days when it's not so cold, windy or snowy. Today it was not any of that. "Old Man Winter" was nowhere to be found. Probably out getting a tan somewhere or booking his spring break plans with his travel agent like everyone else. In any case, we were given a real nice day to get outside and it was definitely taken advantage of by me. For the second straight day I was able to wear shorts and it felt good. Yesterday I probably could have gotten away with my winter attire because it was a lot more chilly out, but today if I would have done that, I would have been way overdressed. As it was, I felt a little overdressed wearing shorts a long sleeve shirt and a wind jacket, but still I wasn't majorly overheated. Just a little warm at times. I'd take that anyday. Despite the idyllic March weather, I really didn't have an outstanding run. The first half was good as I was running around 7:45 pace or so. The second half was a different story. Most of the second half I had the wind in my face and my legs were just feeling a tad flat and achy. That's not a real surprise though, since I'm coming off a good 20 miler last Saturday and Tuesday and today were both 11.5 mile efforts. The 'ol tree trunks have been putting in some pretty decent miles as of late. Last week I put in a solid 52 miles and only ran five days. This week I'm headed for a little over 40. I figure my legs need a bit of a respite and today's run proved that. Again, it wasn't anything bad... just a little achy. As most runners will attest to, that will happen from time to time. That's why I look forward to my days off... and tomorrow is one of them.

Today's workout: 11.5 miles > 1:33:50 > 8:10 pace

Miles this week: 28.5

No comments: