Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good To Be Back Home Again

Well, my umpteenth dog sitting stint this year with Ziggy is finally over. I was able to lie in the comfort of my own bed last night for the first time in six days. That is always a welcome feeling. I do have to say though, that the little shavetail was a lot better this time than the last time when I had to babysit him in September. This time, most nights, he would let me sleep pretty much throughout the night instead of getting up countless times to go out and do his business. That made things a lot easier and me a lot less cranky. Since yesterday was the final day at the 'ol Zigster's dog pad, I went for one final run down by Camp Randall Stadium and up the East/West bikepath. It was probably the chilliest day of the year yet. I think when I stepped outside it was something like °22 degrees. You know what though, I still ran in shorts. I didn't feel like putting on long running pants and despite the chilly weather it was actually pretty nice out. The sun was out shining and there wasn't too much of a wind chill. Despite wearing shorts, I still bundled up my upper body. Like I said the other day, I don't like being chilled in my upper torso... that is no fun at all. It was an enjoyable last run on the westside, though. I didn't set a blistering pace by any means (7:54), but it was still an enjoyable run nonetheless in that it was such a nice morning to take some clean, crisp air into the 'ol lungs. It was a good way to finish up dog sitting. Auf wiedersehen, Ziggy!

Yesterday's workout: 8.5 miles > 1:07:09 > 7:54 pace

Miles this week: 8.5

No comments: