Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Miles in Shorts

Just a short litte entry to let you know how my weekend miles went. It was brisk weather wise, that is for sure. Despite the cool, crisp weather I was still able to run in shorts both Saturday and Sunday. I know... you probably think I'm nuts... and I am. My legs, however really don't feel the effects of the cold weather. It's my upper body that I usually bundle up a bit. So despite wearing shorts, I did wear two shirts, a running jackets, hats and gloves and was pretty comfortable running like that. The highlight of my weekend miles was running down by Camp Randall Saturday morning as people were heading there and preparing to watch the Badgers battle the Gophers for "the axe." Big rivalry game and it was a good one to watch later that day. Anyways, as I was running down Breese Terrace that leads you by the Camp, a couple guys were playing catch with a football and one of them yelled out to me to ask if I'd like to receive one. I nodded in approval and he let one go... a lame duck... it bounced in front of me but I did catch it on the hop, though. Oh well, it was the thought that counted. I picked it up and off balance, threw a perfect spiral back to him. He was pretty impressed... so was I actually, since i was wearing gloves. It was fun though, and a nice way to break up the run. Badgers won by the way 35-32 to retain the Paul Bunyan Axe for the fifth straight year. Better luck next year "Golden Rodents."

Saturday's workout: 9.1 miles > 1:11:48 > 7:52 pace

Sunday's workout: 5.1 miles > 40:41 > 7:59 pace

Miles last week: 34.4

No comments: