Friday, November 14, 2008

I Actually Got Some Sleep

Well, my first two night of dogsitting for "Ziggy the Great" actually went pretty well. If you remember the last time I was over on the westside babysitting the Zigster, he had me up several times in the wee hours of the morning so he could wee wee himself. It wasn't very much fun and I was walking around like a zombie because of it. I was hopeful that this time wouldn't be a repeat occurrence and so far it hasn't been. I have been keeping him in the bedroom where I sleep so he isn't prone to wander around and slip in some extra drinks of water and so far it has been working. He really hasn't been getting me up in the middle of the night to do his best Niagara Falls impression... he's been pretty much sleeping thru the night which I greatly appreciate. Because of that I feel much more rested this time around but I still have a few days to go with him.

The good night of zzzz's I was afforded on Wednesday night allowed me to get in a pretty good run on Thursday morning. I also had a double bonus of being able to run in shorts because it was a pretty mild November morning. I really thought those days were done, but hey, I'll take 'em when I can get 'em. I did have to wear a wind jacket though, because it was pretty gusty out and my upper body does have a tendency chilled as we go deeper into the calendar year. Again, it was nice to be able to run the Camp Randall loop that I do when I put up stakes for a few days on the westside to watch Ziggy. It's a nice little loop that takes you down by the edge of campus and up a nice bike path that leads back to Midvale and Mineral Pt. Rd's. I wasn't setting too blistering of a pace on Thursday because of the windy conditions but I was still running nice and steady and didn't feel sluggish, which is always a good thing. I plan on doing the loop again tomorrow morning but tomorrow I don't think I will be wearing shorts. It sounds like it's going to be a pretty cold and raw day with some nice and gusty wind conditions. I better get used to it though, because I know there is definitely more days like that on the horizon. I just hope Ziggy will let me get another good night sleep;)

Thursday's workout: 9.1 miles > 1:10:47 > 7:45 pace

Miles this week: 20.2

No comments: