Thursday, June 5, 2008

Feeling Like the Tin Man

As I stated after doing the Syttende Mai 20 mile race, one of the toughest days to run can be the day after doing a hard race or a workout. That was somewhat the case today as I did a recovery run from yesterdays 22 miler. The first few steps were somewhat painful. Now I know what the tin man from "The Wizard of Oz" must have felt like after that old hag of a witch made it rain on him, rusting up his joints. I,too, could have used a little oil or lubrication for my hips, knees and ankles. It wasn't too bad, though. I really wasn't sore as much as I was achy. The achiness dissipated pretty quickly, though... about a mile or so into the run. I am sure glad I did the long run yesterday instead of today, though. This morning it was pretty hot and sticky out, and by the end of my little 4 miler, I was pretty much drenched with sweat. Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot and muggy day so it should be interesting trying to run 8 to 9 miles in that. Despite the hot weather here, I noticed up in Duluth the temp was around 52 degrees... Hopefully that is a good omen for Grandma's Marathon in a couple of weeks.

Today's workout: 4.1 miles > 32:16 > 7:53 pace

Miles this week: 35.4

No comments: