Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sluggish Sunday Run

After taking a well deserved day off yesterday from running four consecutive days, I was back out on the road early this morning to get in a long run. Since I am currently dogsitting for some people I know, my normal long run route was changed up a bit, which was nice. The people I dogsit for live on the westside of Madison and because of that I am able to run on some nice, shaded bike paths near where they live. The nicest path is the one near Camp Randall Stadium down on campus. A lot of nice trees overhang the path and provide some nice, cool shade. Despite the shade and cool weather, I didn't feel particularly great starting out this morning. My legs a little tired and sluggish at the beginning and I just felt kind of tired as a whole. After about four or five miles I started feeling a bit more like myself and my pace picked up considerably. Despite the slow start, I was able to get in a good 12 miles today and finish off the week strong. Averaged 7:27 pace for the run.

A quick sidenote: After my run this morning, I headed to Milwaukee and had a front row seat right behind homeplate to watch the Brewers and Astros play their series finale. The ticket was fairly pricey but was well worth the money. It is a whole different experience to watch a game right behind the backstop and homeplate. You really feel like you are part of the game. The Brewers wound up winning 10-1 and swept the series. My parents also said they saw me on tv sitting there in the front row... pretty cool.

Today's workout: 12.1 miles > 1:30:12 > 7:27 pace

Miles this week: 47.5

No comments: