Friday, June 6, 2008

Looking Forward To a Day Off... Sort of

After running 35 miles the past three days, I am looking forward to taking a day of rest tomorrow. I really wasn't looking forward to running this morning, but I figured I should get a run in today because tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer. Today wasn't horrible by any means, though. It was a tad muggy, but that was offset a bit by the strong breeze that was blowing today. It was mostly cloudy too, which is always nice. The first mile or so was a bit achy and sluggish, but eventually I loosened up and felt more comfortable running. It was a good run overall, but I was glad when it was done... I was just totally drenched from the warmer weather.

Part of me would actually like to run tomorrow because if I would do a small 5 miler, and then an 11 miler on Sunday, I would have 60 miles of running for the week. I have never gotten close to that barrier and it would be pretty cool to do so. My legs do need a day off, though, and if I do 11 on Sunday, I will still have 55 miles for the week and that would be a new record for me as far as weekly mileage goes. I guess it's a win/win situation.

Today's workout: 9.1 miles > 1:09:22 > 7:37 pace

Miles this week: 44.5

No comments: