Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Three Days Off is Enough

Normally after running a marathon, I take a good five to seven days off to refresh and recooperate my mind and body, but after taking three days off since the race, I felt like my legs and mind were where they needed to be and I just had that itch to get outside and get in a little run. So after sleeping in a bit this morning, I strapped on the shoes and headed out for a leisurely five mile run. Although it was a little warm out this morning, it was overcast enough where it was very comfortable running. I was pleasantly surprised with how my legs responded to my first run since Grandma's. They were a touch achy but nothing like the soreness I had after taking five days off after the Napa Valley Marathon in March. That run was sheer torture. Today's, though, was very relaxed and after a warm up opening mile I fell into a nice rhythm and gait. Today's run was a good sign that my legs are getting a lot stronger and recovering a lot quicker than they used to. Hopefully that means that I have a lot of good running days ahead of me.

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 39:11 > 7:41 pace

Miles this week: 5.1

No comments: