Sunday, June 8, 2008

New Record for the Week

Yesterday's day off from running did me a world of good because when I was able to squeeze in my Sunday run between a reprieve of severe weather, my legs felt a lot fresher than they had been the last couple of days. I was able to get in my run in the early part of the afternoon, after the rain had subsided a bit. I thought it might be a little muggy after the rainfall, but it actually turned out to be quite nice. The skies were overcast, and although it was a touch warm, a nice breeze offset the mugginess. Because the conditions were good and my legs felt strong once again, I was able to cirlce Lake Monona in a little over an hour and 20 minutes. Averaging 7:22 pace for 11 miles was a good way to end the week... that, and the fact that with todays run, I was able to hit the 55 mile barrier for the week. That is a new record for me. I never thought that would have been possible a few years ago with all the running injuries that I was incurring while running mileage that was significantly less than it is now. I guess my legs finally got used to the marathon pounding.

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:21:42 > 7:22 pace

Miles this week: 55.6

No comments: