Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Chilly and Windy

After taking off a warm Memorial Day from running, I was back out on the road this morning and was surprised to see how blustery and chilly it was out. The temp sure changed a lot from yesterday... but then again, it is Wisconsin. Even though it was considerably cooler out this morning, once I got that first mile under my belt, the temp was quite comfortable. It was the wind that was giving me some problems early on in the run. I don't know what the wind speed coming off the lake was, but it sure felt like it was over 20 mph. I made sure to give our weather lady, Amy Carlson, a hard time when I got into work today. She said last night on the 10pm news that the wind was only going to be around 8 mph or so. I told her if I attached a sail to my butt I could have flown around the lake with no problem at all. She got a kick out of that. Anyways, despite the wind, I did have a solid run this morning. The second half of the run I was finally rewarded with a nice tailwind and was able to average about 7:25 per mile for the 11 miles. Good workout overall.

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:22:23 > 7:25 pace

Miles this week: 11.1

No comments: