Friday, May 23, 2008

"On the Road" Interview: Going to Grandma's

When I first started this blog, I just intended it to be a way for people who know me to get updates on my how my running, training and marathons were going. The more I thought about it, though, I didn't want this blog to be all about me... that's not who I am. Being that I work full time at a tv station and part time at a local running store, I thought a good way to spice up this blog would be to use some of my connections in both industries and interview some interesting and influential people in the running community that people might like to hear about. With that, this afternoon in a small audio booth, I recorded what is hopefully the first of many "On the Road" interviews with people who enjoy running as much as I do.

For my first interview, I had the pleasure to talk to Scott Keenan, race director for Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN. Scott was very gracious with his time and gave some great responses about the history of the marathon, where it's at today and some of the things going on at the expo. I
hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed conducting the interview.



No comments: