Sunday, May 25, 2008

Returning the Favor

After racing hard a couple times this past month, it was really nice to sit on the sidelines, so to speak, and watch all the marathoners and half-marathoners run in the Madison Marathon events this morning. I thought it was a pretty ideal day for the runners being that it was overcast and cool. I overheard a few of the finishers say that the wind was a little tough in spots but it wasn't anything horrendous. I specifically went to the race today to cheer on my sister-in-law Dannie, my good friend David, and a few runners that I work with at Movin' Shoes here in Madison. As most of you know, I enjoy racing, but I also really enjoy hopping in my car and going to different points along the race route to cheer on the people who I know that are competing. They have done that plenty of times for me when I've raced, so it's always nice to return the favor. Coincidentally, my friend Dave ran the half-marathon real well by finishing 113th out of 2,866, with a time of 1:34:31 for a 7:13 average. My sister-in-law Dannie also ran the half and she finished 1,602 out of 2,866 with a time of 2:06:49 for a 9:41 average. Congratulations to the both of them, as well as all the other runners participating... especially if you were running your very first half or full marathon. It's always a great feeling when you complete that first one. For a complete list of all the results from yesterdays Madison Marathon events, you can click on http://www.onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=2581

Because I got up early to go watch the races this morning, I bypassed my run until later in the afternoon. It wasn't as cool as it was in the morning. Actually, it was pretty warm. I sweated more today doing 5 miles that I did yesterday when I ran 14. Despite the warm afternoon, I still got in a nice, little run and felt fairly decent doing it. you never know how you are going to feel the day after running long. It's always a crapshoot. Will most likely take tomorrow off and be back on the road Tuesday. In the meantime, I hope you all have a fun and safe Memorial Day!

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 37:51 > 7:25 pace

Miles this week: 46.5

No comments: