Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Interview with Grandma's Race Director set for Friday

This morning I talked with Scott Keenan, race director for Grandma's Marathon, about doing an interview for the blog. He was more than happy to accomodate me and we set up a time Friday afternoon to record a discussion about the marathon, it's history and things going on at its expo this year. I have to say that I am really looking forward to conducting this interview, and I am hoping this will be the first of many discussions with people who are interested in promoting the running craze here in the U.S. If all goes to plan, I should have the audio interview up on the blog sometime Friday afternoon or evening.

As far as training went for me today, it was a pretty easy workout. Since I did a good 11 miles yesterday, I just wanted to take it easy and do a quickie run... just an easy 5 miler. The weather was very pleasant, though, and once I got outside, it felt good to stretch out my legs a bit. Ran at a very comfortable pace, but it was still a good workout. Haven't decided if I am going to run tomorrow or not. I might just take the day off and then go long again on Friday... we'll see, though.

Today's workout: 5.1 miles > 39:18 > 7:42 pace

Miles this week: 16.2

No comments: