Saturday, May 24, 2008

Expo Day Here in Madison

Even though I am not running in any of the Madison Marathon events tomorrow, I did go to the expo today with my good friend David, his wife Mary and their daughter Margaret. It was a beautiful day here in town, so we rode down to the Alliant Energy Center on bikes and that way avoided all the traffic and parking congestion that was going on for Brat Fest. It's pretty funny when you think about... The Madison Marathon and Brat Fest going on at the same time. For those of you who don't know, the two events are kind of coordinated together. The finish line is right next to the Brat Fest grounds. Just what you want to have right after you run 26 miles, huh? Actually, depending on how you feel, a brat and a beer might taste pretty good after you finish. Anyways, we all had a good time checking out the running expo. They had the typical running vendors and also a few race directors there promoting their marathons later in the year. I actually had a nice discussion with the the race director for the Fox Cities Marathon in Appleton. I asked him if he would be interested in being interviewed in a month or two about his race, and he sounded pretty open to that possibility. Overall it was a nice expo. Although I am not running tomorrow, I am planning to go watch it to support some runners I know who are doing the half-marathon... namely my friend David and my sister-in-law Dannie.

Training went well today, too. Before I headed to the expo this afternoon, I got in a good 14 miler in the middle of the morning. Weather was pretty nice for a long run. It was sunny and fairly cool with a light breeze. Was very pleased with my pacing today. I averaged about 7:20 for the 14 miles.

Today's workout: 14.1 > 1:43:23 > 7:20 pace

Miles this week: 41.4

1 comment:

Jay Edgar said...

Thanks for cheering on the runners today. You may have cheered for me, and all of it helped a lot.