Thursday, May 29, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Cloudy Day...

I know probably a good majority of runners out there really love running when it's bright and sunny and there isn't a cloud in the sky. Me... I like it too... BUT... I absolutely love it when the weather was like it was this morning... cool and a little breezy AND overcast. No, I am not a vampire who can do without sunlight, nor am I the depressing sort. For whatever reason, though, I just prefer a nice shaded run. I've been on so many long runs in the past several years where I was out there pounding the pavement during a bright, sunny day, and the sun beating down on me just seemed like a weight that sapped the energy right out of me. I very rarely feel that way during a cloudy day. I always seem to feel strong and have more energy... like today. Today was very ideal with not a hint of the sun out. Although I did feel a touch sluggish the first mile or so, I gradually got stronger and felt better as the run went on, averaging 7:26 pace for the run. Like I said, there's nothing like a cloudy day;)

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:22:30 > 7:26 pace

Miles this week: 27.3

No comments: