Friday, July 4, 2008

Another Cool Night

Because I was heading out sometime this morning to my parents for the weekend and it was such a perfectly cool night, I decided to go for a little 3 mile run when I got home from work last night. I tell ya, I am really getting used to this nighttime running... you really can't beat it, especially when there have been some fairly warm mornings this week. There is always a small part of me that really doesn't want to run at night but that is only because I just finished work, am a little tired and drained, and just want to take it easy and go to bed. However, once I will myself to lace up my shoes and I step outside into that cool, nighttime air, all that hesitation goes away and I generally always have a great run and feel re-energized. That is the way it was last night. The nighttime air totally reinvigorated me and the 3 miles I did just seemed to fly by. My legs felt very fresh and I even did the last mile at 6:49 pace. That's always a good feeling. Hopefully that is a good sign and means I'm ready for Saturday's 10k race in La Crosse. We will see.

Last night's workout: 3.1 miles > 21:56 > 7:17 pace

Miles this week: 17.3 miles

No comments: