Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cool, But Sluggish

This morning I finally got what I wished for... a nice, cool morning to go for a run around the lake. That last couple of days that I've run have been real steam baths, so today was a nice reprieve from that. The run started out pretty good. For the first six miles, I was running at or near 7:30 pace. By the the time I got to the Yahara River Parkway on Madison's eastside, I was feeling a little tired and sluggish. I stopped at the park to get a drink of water and stretch out a bit and then continued on my way. By the time I got near the eight mile mark, my left foot/ankle started to hurt a bit, almost like if I had twisted it. The pain would come and go, but it was something I was able to run through, even though it caused me to slow down just a tad at times. I did finish up with a good final mile, though, by running it at 7:30. After the run, the foot didn't seem to be bothering me all that much, but it has been a little achy since then, just walking around. The aches and pains you accrue sometimes running long distances... ah, I tell ya...

Today's workout: 11.1 miles > 1:25:38 > 7:43 pace

Miles this week: 17.2

No comments: