Sunday, July 20, 2008

An "Early Bird" Weekend

This weekend, I forced myself to get up fairly early to get in my miles. On Saturday morning, I arose at 6:30am in the hopes to beat the late morning heat and get in a decent long run. I also wanted to get my run done early so I could head down to my cousin Ad's to visit with him and his family before we all headed off to an family reunion in Mukwonago, WI. I was very fortuante on Saturday that the weather wasn't the typical morning weather of the past week. It was actually fairly comfortable. The sky was completely overcast and the temp was fairly mild with a nice breeze blowing. It sure made running 12 miles a lot easier.

This morning, I again rose at 6:30am to get in a quick 5 mile run. It would have been so nice to sleep in a little extra but I had to knock off the run early because I had to usher in church for a special service this morning, followed by a high school graduation party in New Glarus for the son of one of my good friends. Despite feeling sluggish, achy and a little sleepy this morning, I did get the 5 miler in and was extremely happy once it was out of the way. I was just not in the mood for a run today. Overall though, it was a good week of running. Despite the hot temperatures, I was still able to amass a 43 mile week. That is pretty darn good considering some of the crummy weather I had to run in. The family reunion on Saturday and the graduation party on Sunday were nice rewards for my labors.

Saturday's workout: 12.1 miles > 1:33:19 > 7:43 pace

Sunday's workout: 5.1 miles > 39:49 > 7:49 pace

Miles last week: 43.5

No comments: