Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sluggish But Steady

Well, yesterday I was true to my word... I took the entire day off from running and waited until mid-morning today before I hit the road to get in my last training run before the Waunafest 10 miler on Saturday. After stepping outside though, I had kind of wished I had run last night instead and run my fifth consective day in a row. The weather wasn't horribly hot this morning, but it was a little too warm and sunny for my liking. You know me, the cloudier and cooler, the better. It was my own fault though. I was actually hoping to get up a little earlier this morning, say around 7:30am, to get in a run while the temp was in the 50's, but when the alarm went off, I just couldn't pry myself out of bed. I was still pretty tired from work and from running for four days straight. By the time I was finally able to pull the sheets off myself and lace up my running shoes, the coolness of the morning had gone by the wayside and it was starting to heat up fairly good. It also didn't help this morning that my legs were feeling a little sluggish. Again, I think they still hadn't quite recovered from the workouts I had put them through in the previous days. They did start to feel a little better once I got three or four miles into my run, and my overall pace of 7:35 was a pleasant surprise considering I felt snail-like slow today. Tomorrow I am planning to give myself another day off from running in preparation for Saturday's race. Hopefully it will do my legs some good and I can have a good result on Saturday morning.

Today's workout: 7.1 miles > 53:51 > 7:35 pace

Miles this week: 28.7

No comments: