Monday, July 14, 2008

First 40 Mile Week Since Marathon

After doing a late night run on Saturday night, I wasn't in too much of a hurry to run on Sunday. I just wanted to sleep in a bit before church and then worry about getting in my run later in the day. So after I watched the Brewers beat the Reds on tv, I decided to do something I hadn't done in awhile. Pack up a few things and head to Olbrich Park to get in my run. The four mile routes in and near my apartment didn't appeal to me today, so I thought I would mix things up and start off my run on the eastside of Madison. It did the trick. Even though it was a little warm and breezy, and my legs were a little tired and sluggish from the previous night's run, the run seemed to go a lot faster because I wasn't doing the same 'ol four miler in Monona. Sometimes you need a little break from the routine and today was one of those days. Another nice thing about yesterday's run was that even though it was my shortest run of the week, it helped me get to that 40 mile plateau for the week again. I hadn't run one of those since the marathon.

Yesterday's workout: 4.1 miles > 30:30 > 7:26 pace

Miles last week: 40.6

No comments: